We shared the following message with our Associates across the globe on March 23:
Our Company strives to foster a culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our identity, and we continue to be committed to driving positive change, together. I am saddened and angered by the acts of hate and bigotry towards Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI). I want to take this moment to reinforce that hate has no place here, and that we stand in solidarity with our AAPI community in the fight against discrimination and xenophobia.
During this time of uncertainty, one of the easiest ways we can support our AAPI-identifying Associates is through empathetic listening and allyship. Allyship is the process where someone with privilege and power seeks to learn about the experiences of a marginalized group of people and develops empathy for that group. Here are some steps you can take today to make a difference tomorrow:
- At TCP: We are committed to acting with integrity in everything that we do. If you observe or suspect any violation of our Code
of Conduct, please report it directly to Human Resources or anonymously through our Ethics Hotline.
- In Our Communities: If you see something, say something. We cannot stay silent if we witness hate. Visit StopAAPIHate.org to
report hate crimes in English and Asian languages, as well as find safety tips for those experiencing or witnessing hate.
We will continue to leverage our communications channels to share information, resources, and articles to educate one another. To learn more and understand what has been happening in our AAPI communities, please utilize these resources:
• Read – National Geographic: America’s long history of scapegoating its Asian citizens
• Read – The Chinese in America: A Narrative History (preview/purchase on Amazon)
• Watch – PBS: Asian Americans (documentary)